Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Street Spanish

Hi team!

Well, this was a pretty average week.  We had to go to San Salvador a couple times this week, my comp had a couple of appointments with a doctor. I had a pretty interesting experience. We were in the doctor's office and the doctor starting talking to me, and I felt like I couldn't respond. Like I didn't know how. I realized that I learned Spanish in the streets, and very literally we could say that I speak 'street Spanish'. Which is good- because that's how the people talk. But when I was talking to the doctor I felt very uneducated, and I felt that I couldn't express myself very well. I've decided to make a more concentrated effort of studying Spanish. Learn new words, and learn the proper way to say things.

This week has actually been pretty hard, we are working harder than ever- and I feel like we just can't get things moving. We are teaching soo many people, and talking to soo soo many. But we just aren't finding the escogidos. (I believe that translates to ''the chosen''). It's been tough- but my companion has been really good at helping me remember that our efforts are the only things we can control. So we must give our best.

Big news! showering has been so uncomfortable lately, that finally one morning I had had enough. We woke up- and I went  to a hardware store and bought some water heaters.  (remember the little twirly metal thing that shocked me about a year ago).  I now shower with hot water, I have no idea why I waited so long! The only downside is that the duration of my showers has really gotten longer... go figure...

Sorry- I don't have as much time this week. But I really don't have much to report.

Thanks for letting me know about Grandma Bird- she really was a great woman. She definitely endured to the end.

Have a great week! Love you all!

-Elder Goodman

No comments:

Post a Comment