Monday, April 10, 2017

A Grand Weight Lifted

We had multizones this Wednesday, they were great! President Vasquez shared a really powerful testimony. I got to see a lot of old friends from cojutepeque. I also had a really cool experience.

I had an old companion from a while back that I didn't get along with. Right before changes we had a pretty big fight. I always felt a little bit of resentment towards him, and I know that he always did towards me, because we always kind of avoided each other. He's pretty much the only person that I would consider an enemy, for lack of a better word. 

This week I was studying the Teachings of George Albert Smith, and I found a story from his life. He was in an election, and the other candidate was his friend. The other candidate started spreading lies about him, and because of this George Albert Smith lost. After a long time of hating him, GAS went up to the other guy, and asked for forgiveness. And they became friends again.

I decided I needed to do the same thing. At the multizone I went up to my old companion. I thanked him for everything he had taught me, and for being a good missionary. I had asked forgiveness a long time ago, but I always felt that he didn't accept it. To be honest I can't even remember if I asked for for forgiveness on Wednesday.  But after we talked he hugged me. And told me that everything was alright. 

It felt so good! I am so glad I talked to him! I felt as if a grand weight was lifted off my shoulders! It was awesome! I don't know why I waited so long!

That was the highlight of my week! 
I love you!

-Elder Goodman


No comments:

Post a Comment