Monday, November 23, 2015

Shocking

Elder Beecher is a pretty good teacher. And now that he knows our investigators he helps with the planning and stuff too. That's nice. His strength is getting people to like him. Right now we are finding tons of new people to teach. Something that we always struggled with, with E. Wallace. And it's because we like to talk to people. We both do. And we walk slower, and we are actually looking for people to talk to.

This week we had ward council for the first time in 10 weeks. I set it up! In the meeting we talked a lot about missionary work. And what the members can do to help. We set goals together. It was awesome! Our ward is great, they really want to help, they just don't know how. I remember my old companion would always complain about the ward, the bishop, the fact that we never have ward council...etc. But, I realized that actually doing something always works better than complaining. 

I had an interesting experience this week. We have what's called a pila. A big tank of water. We don't get water  every day so we have to store it there. We also have a pila heater. It's a big twirly piece of metal with a cord. You plug it in and it gets really hot. You can use it to heat up the pila if you want to take warm showers. I use it to heat up 5 gallon buckets of water. One day I was heating up water, and I stuck my finger in to test how hot it was. I felt pain and pulled my finger out real quick. I just thought the water was really hot. But then I saw a cut on my finger and I thought that maybe that cut made my finger more sensitive or something. I then stuck my whole hand in, to see if it was really that hot. (looking back that seems like kind of a dumb thing to do.) And I just felt pain. And then the muscles in my arm started clenching. And hurting. And I realized that I was getting electrocuted. It hurt! 

We are out of time, sorry I didn't write more. Have a great week!

-Elder Goodman

Questions from Kanani:
1.  What is the colonia?  You mentioned you can go there now if you want.
It's not a specific Colonia. But before we would plan to work in specific colonias. And we couldn't deviate from the plan. But now if I get the idea (or prompting I guess) to go somewhere else we do. The idea I guess is that I'm in charge now!
5.  Do they have fast food places like Carl's Jr. or McDonalds?  is it expensive?
Yup, we have a pizza hut, burger king, and subway. They are the same price as in the U.S. But that's really expensive for a meal. We eat at those places only on p.day, for lunch. 
6.  What color is the outside of your apartment, or is it a house?  
Green. Dark Green. It's a house, but it's the size of an apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment