Monday, November 16, 2015

Stake Conference

Hi everyone!

This was a pretty good week!

We had changes. Elder Wallace is now a zone leader in San Vicente. My new companion´s name is Elder Beecher. He´s got about 18 months on the mission. He´s from Logan. I really like him! He´s pretty laid back, which is nice. I feel like I have a lot more freedom now. If I want to contact someone, or go into a colonia. I can now! He´s really easy to get along with as well. I feel like we´re already good friends.

This week was really good. I feel like I am really progressing as a missionary. I have to lead the area now so a lot more depends on me. And I feel like that´s really helping me grow! Spiritually, mentally, emotionally. Not physically unfortunately.

We had Stake Conference this week. President Vasquez and his wife spoke, and the temple president and his wife spoke. Nusly came to church! Stake conference! This week has been hard inviting people to church, because they have to go to Santa Lucia. But we told Nusly we´d pass by to take her and her kids to church. And she was ready! We had to take two buses, and with 2 children under 4 years old that was kind of hard, but we made it! And the ward was really really nice and supportive! The bishop gave her a ride home! (well, his wife. He doesn´t drive.) He actually stayed behind so there would be enough room for her to go first. I was really impressed by that!  Nusly is Benjamin´s wife, and she has never come to church. Benjamin had to work that day, so he couldn´t go. But his wife just moved up to progressing!

This week we visited a family that lives in Apulo. The familia Galan. Her husband died recently ( turns out he was the body I almost had to help dress). They have a big field, that has just been left unkept. The weeds were 6 feet tall. They gave me a machete. And I cut it down. I wish I had pictures, I´m sure I looked really cool! It was pretty hard, but it was also my first time using a machete!

I feel like this has been a really long week, but I can´t think of anything more to write about. I really like being a missionary! Every day I wake up excited to go to work! I am contacting a lot more now. And my Spanish is getting good enough that I can start conversations with people. I used to just walk up and start talking about the church. But now I walk up and start talking about their dog, their family, that picture on the wall. I feel that it is helping my Spanish. But I am also having a harder time directing the conversation to the church. Maybe I need to go back to what I did before!

Have a great week! I forgot to take a picture with my new comp. Next week

-Elder Goodman

No comments:

Post a Comment