Monday, June 13, 2016

Prueba de fe

This was a pretty stressful week, to be honest. (Thanks for the yoga poses mom! They help!) I've heard it said that the hardest part of the mission is the first 3 months. Training. It's true. And that the second hardest part is right around when you complete a year. They call it the prueba de fe. Trial of faith. It's true.

I have spent a lot of time on my knees lately. A lot of people let me down this week. I am realizing now, more than ever than people aren't perfect. I am also realizing now that God will never, ever, let us down. And like every other relationship, the strength of our relationship that we have with him depends on how much time we are willing to spend with him. And how much trust we are willing to give him. When all the people that you usually go to for help get taken away, you have to learn to trust in God. It's harder, but I'm pretty sure it's better.

One of my heroes on the mission is Elder Vallecillo, he's from Costa Rica. He was an AP when I arrived, and he was my Zone leader my first change in San Miguel. He once said that he wanted his mission to be hard, because it is only through hard experiences that we are able to grow.  Well, being the enthusiastic greenie that I am, I started wishing for a hard mission. What a bad idea.  These last 2 changes have been reaaaallly hard. But I have learned a lot.

Thank you so much for your prayers. I have felt the power of prayer. There have been so many times when I have been on my knees, asking for strength. And then a picture, or a feeling, or a thought comes into my head. Of my family praying for me. And I feel like I just got a warm hug, and I feel the Spirit. Thank you so much. I love you.

I want you to know that my testimony is stronger than ever! I am so glad and grateful to be a missionary. For anyone doubting if they should go on a mission or not: Do it! Whatever reason to go on a mission is a good reason. And as a missionary, be the best missionary you can be. Just follow the rules, and work hard, and love the Lord and the people. Now, if you don't want to do those things you should probably go home- because you'll be wasting your time. But if you follow the rules, and work hard, and love the Lord and the people, it will be the best experience of your life.

-Elder Goodman

No comments:

Post a Comment