Monday, June 27, 2016

Working with members

Hi everyone!

This was a pretty good week! We spent a lot of time in La Union this week, so we didn't have a lot of time to work in our area, but it was good. Something cool we did in La Union was a job fair in the church building. The government runs the event, but the church lends the building. We set up a little booth outside the cultural hall to give away materials, and we actually got a lot of really good contacts. We also gave mini tours of the sacrament room. We put the electric piano on automatic prelude, and we turned up the ac full blast. When people entered the room they immediately felt the difference. And for many it was very spiritual.  One of the job booths was giving out coffee, the whole chapel stank of coffee, that was ironic....

I did interchanges with the zone leaders in La Union. Their house is super nice. The nicest I've seen on the mission. The Bedroom has a ceiling fan, and ac. And giant curtains covering the windows, so it stays really dark. I normally don't have a hard time waking up in the morning. But that day I did.

Today we stayed here in San Miguel with the other zones and went to the park. There are only 2 Americans in my zone, La Union, but here in San Miguel there are a ton. So we played Frisbee, and a little bit of football (the American kind). It was super fun!

For all of you who were wondering, I don't have to give my companion his butt-shots. We found someone in the ward who can do it. I'm pretty glad about that. After the first day he started urinating blood. I kind of freaked out a little bit, and I was really glad I wasn't the one who gave the botched injection. But we called the doctor and he said that it is normal.

The other elders in the ward had a baptism of a little kid, and the clothes were waaay too big. Using some safety pins I fixed it up a little bit. (see photo)

This week we've really been trying to focus on working with the members. All of our most positive investigators are references from members. It´s obviously the best way to go, but I have a hard time trusting in people enough. (a promise means nothing here)
If anyone has any ideas, or has experience from this, I'd love to here it!

The family reunion sounds awesome! Sounds like you had a great time! Shout out for Sam and Matt who enter the MTC this week! You're gonna be great! Pray for me and my companion. We´re having a hard time getting along.

I love you! Have a great week!

-Elder Goodman






No comments:

Post a Comment