Monday, June 6, 2016

Not Little Old Grandma Burps

This was a pretty good week! I'm really happy here! We had changes this week - And I'm staying here in San Miguel. When this change ends I'll have been in this area longer than any other area on my mission. My new companion is Elder Maldonado! He's awesome! We get along really great- he's a lot of fun to be around. And he's really good at talking to people and getting them to like him. He has a reputation that he baptizes a lot. Hopefully I will be able to learn a lot from him this change. He brought some fire to the area, this week we had a lot of good lessons and some investigators started to progress.

Right now we are teaching a really awesome family, the family Aguilar. They have three boys who are triplets. They all are 12 years old.  For the first time we were able to bring 2 of them to church. And they loved it! I introduced them to everyone I knew in the ward, and they had a great time, the ward really did a good job of making them feel welcome.  On Sunday night we visited them and we were finally able to get the mom's permission to put a date. She saw how happy they were when they got home and she really opened up. Truly a miracle.

Another miracle that happened with that family during that lesson.
On Sunday we ran out of toilet paper, and as you know we can't buy toilet paper on sunday. I was pretty worried about what we were going to do if I had to go before we had a chance to buy on Monday.  But during that lesson with the family Aguilar the drunk uncle  (drunkle, heh heh) saw that we were a little sweaty.  So throughout the lesson he kept giving us wads of toilet paper to wipe our faces, and my companion and I stuffed it all in our backpacks. And the toilet paper got us through until Monday morning!  Look at that! The Lord works in mysterious ways...

Funny thing that happened. This week we met an old lady, a member, who is 96 years old. She is old... and losing it, a little bit. She gave me a blessing the first time I met her..  She goes to church every week, it´s amazing. One time when we were visiting her family they gave us all soda- and she gulped the whole thing down.  But then you could tell that the gas was getting to her- because she was kind of doubled over in pain... and her daughter kept telling her to let it out.  The grandma was really embarrased though, she hid her mouth behind a napkin- and then just started belching. Like 2 minutes straight. And they were not little old grandma burps, they were nfl linemen burps. It was hilarious- I almost died laughing. Everyone did. Even the old lady, she was laughing too, while burping- you have to see it to understand how funny it was, but it sufficeth me to say that that lesson was one of the highlights of the week.

Well that's pretty much it, sounds like everything is going well at home! Thanks for writing me, everyone! Have a great week!

-Elder Goodman

No comments:

Post a Comment