Monday, July 11, 2016

How merciful is our God

Hi everyone!

This week was pretty interesting. Several times this week the thought has come into my head  ¨Que misercordioso es nuestro Dios¨    ¨How merciful is our God¨.

I was able to see several miracles and tender mercies this week, that really helped strengthen my faith. One example: A man in La Union that I met once on interchanges has a fairly serious health problem. A little while ago he ruptured his appendix. Ever since he has had a bag connected to his stomach, kind of like a catheter. He is probably one of the most faithful and dedicated members I know. And he doesn't even have a year of being a member!  This week the Elders over there baptized this guys niece. The elders wanted this man to baptize her, but he couldn't because of his health. This week the elders there in La Union told me that this guy went in for a check up, and his stomach is completely healed, miraculously. The doctors are going to take out his bag and seal his intestine this week. My first thought when I heard that was of the man´s son. He has a cute little 6 or 7 year old son who is really excited to get baptized. My first thought was that this man will be able to baptize his son! My second thought was: ¨How merciful is our God¨.

This week we had a baptism! It was a great way to end the week! But as we were walking to the church I was feeling really down, felt like I was wasting my time, I wasn't doing any good here, etc. Then I realized that I was about to baptize someone! Baptisms are the best! Even on a day where I was baptizing, Satan was making me feel like I was a failure. Satan will never give up! We can't give up either!

Have a great week! I love you all!

-Elder Goodman

No comments:

Post a Comment