Monday, January 25, 2016

Jalapeño Pepper Spray

This was a pretty good week. Quentin L. Cook and Craig C. Christensen came and spoke to us at the temple. That was really powerful! Definitely the highlight of my week! All three missions from El Salvador were there, so I got to see a lot of people I knew from the MTC, that was pretty cool!

Last Monday I found a 10 pound bag of Krusteaz! So of course I had to buy it! This week we did three interchanges, and each night I had a pancake party! I'm kind of becoming famous for my pancake parties! I bought some apples and cinnamon, and we have been using that! Also I tried pancakes with brownie mix, It didn't turn out too well.

This Saturday we had a cooking activity with the Elder's Quorum of our ward. Elder Garcia, a missionary from the other area in our ward is from Mexico, so we made tacos! They were really good, but I almost died. I was in charge of cutting the jalapeños. And I got squirted in the eye. I think it was actually only water because it didn't really sting much. So I went to the bathroom to wash them out. And I washed my hands two times, because I had been handling the peppers. But it wasn't enough. I started to wash my face, and all heck broke loose. My hands still had the oil on them. And it got all over my face, in both eyes, my nose a little bit. It was awful. I don't think I need to go into much more detail, but it sufficeth me to say that I now know why pepper spray works so well.

A ward member has a portable keyboard (piano). He lent it to me this past week so I could practice for my musical number I'm going to do in Sacrament meeting. It's been really fun to have that around the house, I practiced the hymns too. (don't worry, only on pdays and at nights).

On Sunday my companion got really sick, he was half asleep in his bed moaning all day and night. I feel really bad. Needless to day we didn't go out to work yesterday. And I almost died of boredom. I've never needed to stay in because someone else is sick. And it's almost worse. Yesterday I was really glad to have that piano, I spent a lot of time practicing hymns!

Have a great week!
-Elder Goodman


The Garcia Family

10 lb bag of Krusteaz

Pancake party #1

Pancake party #2

Pancake party #3

New boots

Package from Knudsens

Street chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment