Monday, April 25, 2016

I am getting really tired of buses

Hi Everyone!

This was a pretty good week!  We had changes this week. Elder Hernandez left.  My new companion is Elder Gonzalez. He's from Guatemala. He's brand new on the mission. I'm training him. He's pretty awesome. He's a pretty funny guy- I think we'll get along pretty well. I'm teaching him English, which is really fun too.  To receive the new missionaries we had to go down to San Salvador. So on Tuesday we woke up at 4- so we could make the bus by 5- so we could be there by 9. Let me tell you- I am really getting tired of buses.  This change we got 16 new missionaries. only 2 were from the United States. We are progressively getting less and less Americans. Right now about 1/4 of the missionaries in this mission are American. When I got here it was about 50-50. Interesting. I met the sister missionary that was roomates with Tiffany at Utah State. She's in San Miguel too. That was pretty cool! Small world.

In the meeting down there President Vasquez told us we should ask for a blessing from our bishop. This Sunday we did that. And it was a really spiritual experience. I've been feeling a bit more stress lately, and getting a little discouraged. Lately I've been feeling like I've been working really hard, and not getting the help/support that I need. When I was in San Salvador I found out about some of my converts that are having some problems, and that got me a little down as well.  But when the bishop put his hands on my head, and started to speak. Everything just washed away. He specifically addressed every problem that I was having, and he said exactly what I needed to hear. It was amazing. One of the most inspired blessings I have received. I remember yesterday during Sacrament meeting I had my head down for a lot of the time. I just spent a lot of time thinking, and being discouraged. But when we left the bishops office after church I felt so good. As missionaries we give a lot of blessings (we gave two that Sunday). This experience was a big motivator for me to be more spiritually in tune. So I can be able to say what the Lord needs me to say.

Have a great week!
I love you!

-Elder Goodman

Elder Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment