Monday, May 2, 2016

Multizone Conference

Hi everyone,

This week was pretty amazing. The highlight was a multizone conference we had with president. He is so awesome! So awesome! If I can be like him one day...

He focused a lot on repentence. He gave us the chance to pray right there and ask about what things we need to do to get better. He said the only thing holding us back is our own disobedience. It was really really good.

I remember he told us about two elders who went into a house, the house of a man possessed by an evil spirit. The family tried to get them to help him, but the man sat up and screamed at them, they freaked out and tried to leave, but the family was blocking the door. Then the man got up and started trying to attack them. If I remember right they had to fight their way out of the house. Terrifying! They called President and told him what happened.  He asked if they were worthy, and they said no. He told us that the spirits can tell if you are worthy or not- and they'll eat you alive (his words). He said if you're not worthy, run. Run as fast as you can. But if you are worthy you won't be afraid, you'll be able to rebuke it.  Cool!

I have a little bit of an experience with that. I've been in some pretty scary situations on the mission. And I've never been afraid. I have had experiences where my heart starts pounding really hard, and I know that I should be afraid, but my mind stays completely calm, and I've always been able to think clearly and do the right thing. I know that it's the Holy Gost.

Have a great week! See you on mother's day!

Oh, I almost forgot. I got your packages! Thanks! They're awesome! They got here at the same time. The family history book is probably my favorite. All the missionaries are so jealous! Elder Gonzalez and I did yoga this morning! I am not flexible. I used the elastic band to make a slingshot. Using the door frame. I ambushed my companion when he was coming out of the shower.

Thanks so much! I love you!
-Elder Goodman

No comments:

Post a Comment