Monday, August 15, 2016

Breakfast at McDonalds

Hi everyone! I'm doing pretty good here! I just got back from San Salvador. I had to go renew my visa. That was a fast year! Hands down the fastest, and best year of my life! We had to wake up at 3.30 today to catch a bus leaving San Miguel at 4.30 to be at the immigration office at 9. It's been a long day. I ate breakfast at McDonalds this morning. I spent $3.40 for a Mcmuffin, Orange Juice, and hash brown.  That felt really expensive! I could have bought 4 pupusas for a dollar instead. It was cold on the bus with a/c and in San Salvador.  I was actually uncomfortable. I felt much better when we got back into the heat of San Miguel.  Kind of weird the difference of 6 months makes.

We had a zone conference this week. President Vasquez came out and did a participation. Man, every time he speaks he just blows me away. It's like a roller coaster. When he finished I literally had to catch my breath, I had forgotten to breath. He is one powerful man. He doesn't just talk the talk. He walks the walk.

I got the other package! The giant candy one with the Joseph Smith cd! Thanks so much! It was awesome! I took the skittles bag and some twizzlers on the bus rides today. I think I went up a few points on the cool missionary scale!

Our investigator Gorge is awesome. I don't know if I have already written about him. But that man impresses me so much. He is completely changing his life. He is so humble and ready to learn, and I love teaching him. It's people like him that make the mission so incredible. Sorry, I don't have a lot of time. I love you all! Have a great week!

-Elder Goodman

No comments:

Post a Comment