Monday, September 26, 2016

Life Changing Revelation

Whoa! There's an elder in my district from Ogden! He was telling me about those tornadoes! That's nuts!

Man! This was probably the best week of my mission! This is the week that everything changed!
Elder Palmer and I set some goals for our area this week. And they were quite high. Among those was to contact 20 people every day, and to teach 40 lessons in a week, and to have 20 new investigators every week.  We've been really struggling in our area this change for lack of investigators, and for bad time management. But we both really felt the desire to change. We started the week fasting- and we went out to work! It's really interesting how setting goals can motivate us to work hard:) We worked so so hard this week- and we came home exhausted every night. We've also been waking up an hour early every day to play basketball in the mornings, so we've been pretty tired. But we did it! I feel like our job as missionaries is just to open our mouths- and talk to everyone. Our other job is to make sure they feel the Spirit when they talk to us- and we teach them how to feel the Spirit when we aren't there. If they decide that they don't want to get baptized that's fine, it's their choice, but I believe that if I talk to everyone I can- and if I am worthy enough that the Spirit can use me to teach- then I am doing my job as a missionary.    Life Changing Revelation.

Some highlights of the week:
-A man named Gerber, a less active, hurt his ankle playing Bball with us. I gave him some icy hot that I brought from home- and he used way to much.  poor guy.
-we fixed the power in the house! It went out again literally 5 minutes after the electrician left. So we still don't have power.

-I'm out of time, Love you all! Have a great week!
-Elder Goodman

No comments:

Post a Comment