Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Lady Preacher

Hi Everyone!


Thanks for the Birthday wishes!
Sorry, I don't have much time again this week.
Everthing is going great!

This week we did 2 interchanges, I did interchanges with Elder Beck, from California, and Elder Williams, from Hawaii. It was pretty cool talking to him- he's from oahu as well, he went to kamehameha high school. (I'm pretty sure that's how you spell it)  We had a pupusa eating contest. I ate 8, and he ate 9. I'm really proud of myself though, because he outweighs me by about 100 pounds.

With Elder Beck we got roped into a 'cedula' which is when a visiting evangelico preacher come to a house and they have a meeting. My companion and I thought that we would be teaching- but we got taught. We finally got out by having him call my phone and I faked that we got a call that we needed to go. But not after the lady preaching chewed us out for having our eyes open during the prayer. (In our defense it was a 10 minute singing/shouting prayer).

''If Jesus were to come down in this moment, and take only those who had their eyes CLOSED during the prayer, how many of us would be saved?''  - she legit said that.

Erica came to church! She didn't have a skirt, but she did have fabric. And our cook is a professional seamstress. We made her a custom skirt! She loved church! Everyone thought she was a member, she has that look to her.

Well, that's about it- it was a great week, but I'm kind of out of time. Sorry for not writing very much!

I love you!

-Elder Goodman

No comments:

Post a Comment