Tuesday, May 9, 2017

A Dead Cat, a Crazy Drunk, and Lightning Bugs

Hi all!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER! 15! You can start driving! That's sweet!

This was a pretty great week. I have a new companion. His name is Elder Perez from the Dominican Republic. He's pretty cool. He's also really distracting, I'm having a hard time keeping all my thoughts together. 

Yesterday we went to a part of our area called Cuyultitan. It's pretty far away. I forgot that on Sunday the buses stop early. we got stranded. We called the Elders Quorum president, and he came and gave us a ride. But it took him about half an hour to get all the way out to where we were. So we walked. There was a guy that also was stuck out there. He walked with us. We made it all the way to Olocuilta almost. It was pretty far! On the way we found a dead cat, a crazy drunk guy that tried to warn us about a police check point up ahead, and a cloud of lightning bugs. The cloud of lightning bugs was pretty cool!

Narda got baptized on Saturday!

About 6 months ago I made a rule that I wouldn't do any more baptisms. Ever since then I've asked members to do them. I'd like for all the priesthood holders in the ward to baptize. I've actually gotten thanked a lot. Most of them haven't baptized anyone since their missions. A long time ago. 

We got a ward mission leader last week! We're trying to train him right! He directed the baptismal service on Saturday. It was pretty good. He skipped the talks, but it all turned out all right!

Sorry I don't have more to write about. Can't wait to see you on Sunday! I still don't know what time I'll be calling. But I'll try to send you a heads-up email.

Well, looks like my time is up!

Love you all!

Have a great week!

.Elder Goodman


New companion Elder Perez

No comments:

Post a Comment